We welcome all Simons VIP Connect families to submit pictures, newspaper articles, and/or comments to be included in this section of our website.
News Stories about Autism and Genetics
- “Genetics first: A fresh take on autism’s diversity” (November 2014) - What is genetics first research? How is it helpful for SVIP Community members?
- "Sequencing may offer smoother sailing in diagnostic odyssey" (January 2015) - How has whole exome and whole genome sequencing helped families find a genetic diagnosis? What happens next?
- "The Role of Parental Cognitive, Behavioral, and Motor Profiles in Clinical Variability in Individuals With Chromosome 16p11.2 Deletions" (January 2015) - Why do we see such a wide range of differences in people with the same 16p11.2 deletion?
- "TBX6 null variants and a common hypomorphic allele in congenital scoliosis" (February 2015) - Why do some children with the 16p11.2 deletion have scoliosis while others do not?
Articles about Simons VIP Families
Simons VIP families are raising awareness about copy number variants (CNVs) in their hometowns through their local newspapers.
- Articles about Single Gene Families
- PROUDEST MOMENT: Brave Stirling schoolboy Calum McPherson, ten, nominated for Proudest Moment award after learning to speak for the first time (CHAMP1)
- Articles about 16p11.2
- Articles about 1q21.1
16p11.2 Family Slideshow
- See photos of our 16p11.2 members, first shared at the July 2011 Family Gathering! (You must log-in to view)
Photos from Simons VIP Clinical Evaluations
- View pictures from families who have completed their clinical evaluation in Boston, Houston, or Seattle.